LITESPORT London Lite Monday, 2 November 2009 43 ON A WIFES EDGEBREAKING NEWS... Rookie joins old hand at Williams WILLIAMS have confirmed Rubens Barrichello and Nico Hulkenberg will be their driver line-up for the 2010 Formula One season. They replace Nico Rosberg set to take up Barrichellos seat at Brawn GP and Kazuki Nakajima. Barrichello is the most experienced driver in Formula One history, having made 284 starts, while Hulkenberg is one of Germanys rising stars. Team principal Frank Williams said: Rubens is not only the most experienced driver in Formula One but a passionate and talented driver who fought hard for the championship this year. Nico won the GP2 championship this season as a rookie and has previously won the F3 Euroseries, Formula Master, A1 GP and Formula BMW Germany. WE WILL RULE AGAIN: PAGE 38 Liverpool, they have a big chance of winning. I would love to play -- if the boss decides to let me. Carling Cup quarter-final draw: Blackburn v Chel- sea; Manchester City v Arsenal; Manchester United v Tottenham;PortsmouthvAstonVilla.Tiestobeplayed 1/2 December. DIDIER DROGBA has revealed he has Fernando Torres to thank for his magnificent form this season which has helped fire Chelsea to the top of the Premier League. Drogba and Torres are involved in an exciting race to be the top scorer in the division this term and the Ivory Coast international is determined to finish first. His strike in the 4-0 victory at Bolton on Saturday was his ninth in 11 starts but Torres stayed one goal ahead with his effort in Liverpools loss at Fulham. Drogba last won the golden boot in the 2006-7 season when he struck 20 goals in the top flight, although he ended the campaign with 33 in all competitions. He feels he is playing even better this season and said: Its nice to have this competition with Torres to finish top scorer. Its always a good challenge to be part of. Three seasons ago I was in a race against Benni McCarthy and Cristiano Ronaldo and I managed to come out on top. Its a big challenge for me to finish ahead of Torres this season and gives me the desire to do more for my team. I really feel good about the way the season is going for Chelsea. The key thing is we are playing with two strikers up front and I have a lot of support. The way we pass the ball is really good, we have really improved and that is what has made the difference. I would like to beat my best-ever total for Chelsea of 33 goals. The focus now turns to Sundays summit meeting with Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, and Frank Lampard cant wait to lock horns with some familiar rivals. He said: Were top of the Premier League but know United will make it difficult for us. If we can win, then we can open a gap. Didier out to show Torres whos the top Drog in town BY JAMES GOLDMAN Drog of war: Didier Drogba puts the gloss on Chelseas 4-0 thumping of Bolton on Saturday I got you babe: Robin van Persie sucks his thumb as a tribute to his second child while, inset, wife Bouchra, watches with the first What next? Rafa Benitez seems lost at Fulham FORMER Liverpool midfielder Ronnie Whelan has accused manager Rafa Benitez of prioritising the Champions League ahead of the Reds faltering Premier League campaign. Benitez saw his side slip nine points behind leaders Chelsea following their disheartening 3-1 defeat at Fulham on Saturday, when they also had defenders Philipp Degen and Jamie Carragher sent off. Whelan believes the loss was preventable, however, highlighting Benitezs decision to substitute star striker Fernando Torres after an hour when the scores were locked at 1-1. Its all gone wrong with the manager and hes shown exactly where his priorities lie, Whelan told Irelands RTE Television He wants to win the European Cup so he can get a job in Europe. For me, his days have got to be numbered. Hes taken players off who are the only players who are going to give you a chance of winning the game. And he drags them all off because hes got a game on Wednesday. When I saw the team I thought hes not bothered about this game. Hes putting all his eggs in one basket. Rafas dealin leaves Ron Whelan reeling BY DAVID DIBBLE Murray wont Agassi chorus of disapproval ANDY MURRAY insists the revelation Andre Agassi took drugs during his career has not tarnished his opinion of his boyhood hero. Murray, 22, who returns to action against Spains Daniel Gimeno- Traver at the Valencia Open this week after a six-week wrist injury, said: No one wants drugs in sport but everyone makes mistakes. I loved Andre, but I judge him as a tennis player -- he was great, one of the best of all time. He was unbelievably nice to me. I practised with him quite a lot. I guess its something he has to deal with him himself. Hes entitled to say whatever he wants and I wish him the best. I judge him as a tennis player; he was great, one of the best of all time. No one wants drugs in sport but everyone makes mistakes. index.html2.html3.html4.html5.html6.html7.html8.html9.html10.html11.html12.html13.html14.html15.html16.html17.html18.html19.html20.html21.html22.html23.html24.html25.html26.html27.html28.html29.html30.html31.html32.html33.html34.html35.html36.html37.html38.html39.html40.html41.html42.html43.html