PLANS to scrap the western extension of the congestion charge zone are delayed by up to a year, Boris Johnson admitted today. The Mayor had prom- ised to abolish the WEDNESDAY, 23 SEPTEMBER 2009 Boris bottles on scrapping the charge THE RED BLIZZARD OF OZ Westernextensionaxedelayed FARHI THUG SENT DOWN SEE PAGE THREE e-edition.thelondonlite.co.uk Suga Jades first day at the office SEE PAGE NINE BY MARK BLUNDEN Continued on Page 3 The new girl: Jade Ewen filming with Sugababes charge by 2010 and hopefully before after a public consultation that was a key part of his election campaign. But today, after the Lite reported that the plan had stalled, Mr Johnson conceded the zone may still be in place throughout next year. Posting on Twitter, he said: Lets be crystal clear about this. The WEZ will be removed by the end of next year. Amen. Last year, after the consulta- tion, he said: The people of London Backtrack: Mr Johnson Victim: designer Nicole Farhi THE serial mugger who attacked fashion designer Nicole Farhi in a campaign against women which netted him 1m was jailed for life with a minimum of 14 years today. Daniel Mykoo, 29, showed no emotion as he was sentenced for 84 robberies on Continued on Page 13 index.html2.html3.html4.html5.html6.html7.html8.html9.html10.html11.html12.html13.html14.html15.html16.html17.html18.html19.html20.html21.html22.html23.html24.html25.html26.html27.html28.html29.html30.html31.html32.html33.html34.html35.html36.html37.html38.html39.html40.html41.html42.html43.html44.html45.html46.html47.html