36 Thursday, 9 July 2009 London Lite Inbrief England to play Brazil in Qatar QATAR Football Association general secretary Saud Al Mohannadi has confirmed that Doha will host a friendly between Brazil and England on 14 November. The date will be confirmed once England qualify for the 2010 World Cup top of their group. The game will be held in Doha next November, Al Mohannadi said. Al Jazeera Sports Channel is in charge of this game and have been planning for a while. Second Legg pitch concerns LLANELLI manager Andy Legg fears the clubs decision to move their Europa League clash to the towns rugby stadium could cost them as Motherwell will find a better pitch than Wembley. Llanelli go into the first qualifying- round match at the Parc y Scarlets with a one-goal lead following their shock first-leg victory. Legg said: Its a bit sad for us because we know our pitch and its a lot smaller. West Ham turn on the Lampe WEST HAM have announced the signing of defender Jack Lampe from non-league side Harlow Town. The 17-year-old impressed coaches at Upton Park after spending time with the Premier League club on trial. Joining West Ham is massive for me, he said after signing a one-year contract. Now, I hope to become a regular in the reserves this season and earn another contract. Celtic complete Fortune deal MARC-ANTOINE FORTUNE completed his move to Celtic and declared: This is where I want to be. The 28-year-old French Guiana-born striker has wrapped up the formalities of his transfer from Nancy, penning a three-year contract. He said: I am looking forward to working with my manager, Tony Mowbray, once again. Having met the people at the club I know this is where I want to be. Kelvin delivers Hammers blow KELVIN DAVIS has rejected a move to the Barclays Premier League with West Ham and signed a new three-year deal at Southampton. The 32-year-old goalkeeper, who was out of contract at St Marys, had been training with the Hammers, but now Swiss businessman Markus Liebherr has completed his takeover of Saints, his first move was to persuade last seasons captain to stay. SarriesontheirwaytoWembleyshowdown Grand stand: Saracens hope to draw big crowds at Wembley LITESPORT Old Lady gives hope to Arsenal Melo bid ARSENAL have been handed a lifeline in their pursuit of Felipe Melo after the Brazilian interna- tional saw his proposed move to Juventus collapse last night. The Turin giants were set to beat the Gunners to the punch having offered Fiorentina a substantial player plus cash offer. ButtheFlorenceclubwereunwillingtomatchthe wage demands of makeweight Marco Marchionni, an Italian international winger, leaving Melo in limbo. Marchionnis agent, Bruno Carpeggiani, said: Unfortunately,nothingwillbedone.Weonlyasked for 173,000 more than the amount Marco earns at Juventus, but Fiorentina wouldnt agree. Its a pity. The Old Lady could still resurrect the deal by triggeringMelos 21.75mreleaseclause,buthaving already spent the majority of their summer warchest on his international team-mate Diego, they are unlikely to have the resources to fund such a deal. Arsenal appear to be in the same boat after their sec- ond largest shareholder A l i she r Us m a nov claimed the club dont have the cash needed to compete for the servicesof worldclass players. A statement from his holding company read: Theboardareconfident they have the resources to strengthenthe squad. Wedo not share their view. Arsene Wenger is reportedly ready to use either Emmanuel Eboue or Philippe Senderosasbaittolure26-year-oldMelotoEmirates Stadium should he be unable to match Fiorentinas valuation of the tough-tackling midfielder. Meanwhile, Newcastle defender Sebastien Bas- song claims Arsenal want to sign him. Bassong (above) made a big impact despite the club being relegated, but any proposed move is on hold until Newcastles protracted takeover is agreed. He said: There was an approach from Arsenal, but for now nothing is concrete. BY JAMES GOLDMAN thehavetounlikelyarethey resources to fund such a deal. theinbetoappearArsenal same boat after their sec- ond largest shareholder Us m a novA l i she r claimed the club dont have the cash needed theforcompeteto classworldofservices hisfromstatementA read:companyholding dentconfiareboardThe toresourcesthehavethey doWesquad.thestrengthen reportedlyisWengerArsene Yellow Melo: Felipe Melo shrugs off the challenge of Evertons Stephen Pienaar during Brazils Confederations Cup match against South Africa SARACENS today revealed a ground-breaking deal to play two games at Wembley this season, the first against Northampton on 12 September. The other match will probably be against a London side and it is understood that Sarries have an agreement to play up to four matches there next season. The club have also negotiated a favourable rent that earns Wembley around 200,000 a game. The news comes as Sarries admit they will face serious financial problems unless they boost their crowd average of 9,000 at Vicarage Road, the ground they share with Watford FC. Chief executive Edward Griffiths insists Wembley will only be a temporary home for the club and they have no plans to relocate. This follows rumours the club will try to tap into the huge South African ex-pat population in West London by using Craven Cottage. But Griffiths said: The aim is to shake things up by bringing in a greater number of supporters to our regular home games. We want to get new fans hooked by putting on a great show at Wembley. I am confident it will be a success because we are planning to make it a very special family day out and will be much more than just a rugby match. We have been flat-lining in terms of attendances and for this special game we have targeted clubs and schools in North London. Tickets will be 10 for adults and 5 for children. BY DAVID DIBBLE index.html2.html3.html4.html5.html6.html7.html8.html9.html10.html11.html12.html13.html14.html15.html16.html17.html18.html19.html20.html21.html22.html23.html24.html25.html26.html27.html28.html29.html30.html31.html32.html33.html34.html35.html36.html37.html38.html39.html